Friday, June 8, 2012

Holy Inprocessing, Batman!

I woke up to a steamy rainy morning, and all I could think about was the PT test.  I tumbled into my car and made it to the SSI (Soldier Support Institute) building #10,000 ten minutes early.  I was relieved after I met CPT Comiskey, our class advisor, who seems to be the perfect balence of coach/mom/drill sergeant. 

We started with an introduction to the course, basically a syllabus of a college course.  Within the course, we will have two sides of grading:  percentage events (PT test, formal and informal memo, reading review, information paper, a brief, a leadership grade, a supply test, and smaller technical tests) and go/no go events (Casualty training, culteral awareness writing, land navigation, M4 qualification, manage training, HR planning).  I must recieve a score of "70%" or better on each of the percentage events, and must recieve a "go" on all the go/nogo events.  Oh, my!

The nitty gritty started immediately: we signed for our computers, then we inprocessed with finance (basically filled out SGLI and DD Form 93), and inprocessed with personnel (make sure personal information is on file).  I got my new CAC (Common Access Card, basically and ID card with a chip in it to electronically verify).  It looks like this in my computer:



Finally, we were briefed on the course as well as special positions that people can hold, such as Class Leader (basically the PL), Squad Leader, S1 (in charge of personell issues and attendence), S3 (in charge of training, as well as collecting training documents, certificates, etc.), S4 (Supply), S6 (Computer stuff), PAO, Academic Officer, and PT Leader.  Fun Fact:  Did you know that S1 (with no "-" in the middle) is referring to the actual person, whereas S-1 refers to the section.

I was voluntold to be the PAO (big surprise, seeing as it is my college major *sarcasm*).  Check out my work at facebook.com/agbolc.

I ended my day with my initial counseling with CPT Comiskey to go over expectations for the course and expectations for my position as the combat camera man (PAO).

No comments:

Post a Comment