Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Nitty Gritty Officer Rub

After two grueling days of Land Nav, we headed inside for Property Accountability lessons. 

Basically, the take away is:  YOU ARE THE OFFICER.  YOU SIGN FOR EVERYTHING IN YOUR PLATOON.  YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING IN YOUR PLATOON.

So, it is important to create hand reciepts.  A hand reciept is something that you have your subordinates sign when you designate a piece of equiptment into their control.  For instance, when I am a platoon leader, I will sign for all 3 computers and a whole lot of mail supplies.  As the OIC (Officer in Charge) I will rarely touch most of it, so I hand reciept it down to the enlisted soldiers who use it everyday.  Thus, if something goes missing or breaks, I know almost definitively who did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment